The Mount Bryan Hotel will be closed to the public as of Saturday April 21, having served the little community since 1883.
The popular hub has been the meeting place for all manner of community engagements, including Christmas and Australia Day celebrations, also hosting ‘A’ class dinner parties and special occasions.
The hotel was built by local stonemason John Pearce in 1881, licensed to him in 1882 as the Kingston Hotel, and on December 14, 1917, was renamed the Kingston Arms by Beatrice Mary Fahey. It eventually became the Mount Bryan Hotel in 1956.
Owners Kymm Apostolides and Simon Douthwaite took over the reins on December 1, 2010 and have provided warm and friendly service to locals and visitors both nationally and internationally, made evident by the dozens of messages left in the visitors book.