For the first time in many decades, Wakefield Regional Council will have a new purpose-built depot, with the proposed space aimed at improving safety for employees and efficiency.
The current depot sits on a parcel of land originally purchased by the District Council of Balaklava back in 1935.
Council has successfully secured land in Balaklava to accommodate the new facility.
Located on Gwy Terrace, the three and a half hectare block is only walking distance from the civic centre on Scotland Place.
Read the full story in our online edition: http://plainsproducer.realviewdigital.com